General Home Safety Tips For Seniors
- Always get up slowly after sitting or lying down, making sure you have your balance.
- Avoid standing on ladders or chairs.
- Clean floors generic viagra uk with non-slip cleaner.
- Consider getting a medical alert.
- Keep a fire extinguisher and smoke detector on every floor – and know when they need to be checked.
- Make sure that all stair cases have good lighting with switches at top and bottom.
- Remove electrical or telephone cords from traffic areas.
- Remove or tack down all scatter rugs – and check the corners of all carpets to make sure there is nowhere you can trip.
- Staircase steps should have a non-slip surface and a solid hand-rail.
- Wear proper fitting shoes with low heels.
- Keep your cell phone with you at all times – and make sure you charge it every night when you go to bed with a charger on your bedside table so you can reach the phone.
- Make sure someone else nearby has a key and can get access in an emergency.
These senior safety tips brought to you by Senior Guide USA.