Senior Guide USA: About Us
Megan Mathis, President/Publisher, CEO of The Masters Media Group, LLC. With over 25 years experience in publishing, Megan chose to target the senior market with a resource guide for homes, healthcare, services, and leisure activities primarily because of her own situation and caring for an elderly parent.
Megan and her staff are active in the senior community and involved in many organizations such as; Helping Hands of Vegas Valley, Coalition of Assisted and Residential Environments, Southern Nevada Continuity of Care Association, Aging Services Directors Organization, and her newest creation of the Senior Industry Network Group of S Nevada. Megan is well known and respected in the community through her dedication to providing vital information to the seniors in Nevada in order to improve the quality of their lives.
How the Senior Services Directory got started – While in the Henderson business license office I noticed a brochure with services for seniors in Henderson – I thought they were great services and some that my mother could use as well. The next question was, “How do we let the seniors know they have these services available?” I had the vehicle and the ability to distribute the information. That was the answer.
Leigh St John
When you meet Leigh St John you understand the meaning of the word “passion” – she lives & breathes it with an enthusiasm that is contagious!
My great-grandmother, an amazing woman born just after the end of the 1800s, essentially raised me and instilled in me a passion for supporting our senior citizens and those who support them…
Leigh is a member of Mensa, Executive Director of The Masters Media Group, Founder and CEO of The Dream Maker Institute (non-profit organization) & an accomplished entrepreneur in her own right (having created both wonderfully successful businesses & a couple of memorable failures – though thankfully more of the former than the latter).
Her media and presentation background includes hosting movies premieres at Warner Bros to black-tie charity events through to week-long corporate professional development retreats. She has coached international trade delegations on behalf of the Australian government and much more.
Her writing credits are too numerous to list and include authoring several published non-fiction books, being an Expert Columnist with one of the leading small business magazines, ghost-writing several books, Editor of her own publication, and writing literally hundreds of published articles.
Leigh has taught for many years with one of the world’s top business schools (despite not having finished high school!), has qualifications in Journalism, Non-Profit Management & Adult Education, has studied Psychology, Marketing & Communications, is a member of the Council on Foundations & is licensed with the Commission for Children & Young People [License # 7849/78846].
…and studied Artificial Intelligence at Stanford for one semester, just for fun! Seriously! LOL!
Books authored by Leigh include:
- “What Do I Want To Be?”
- “365 Days of Inspiration”
- “Achievement Alchemist”
- “Escaping the Small Business Syndrome”
- “Non-Profit Profitability”
Projects and Activities (Past and Present) also include:
- Executive Director, Masters Media Group (includes Nevada Senior Guide) ~ http://www.nvseniorguide.com
- Co-Owner/Partner ~ Manufacturer of “BioGrow365” Organic Liquid Fertilizer ~ http://www.BioGrow365.com
- Founder & CEO, Dream Maker Institute (Non-Profit Organization) ~ http://www.DreamMakerInstitute.org
- Writing Coach ~ http://www.WritingAndPublishingMyBook.com
- Board Member, “Courtroom Cuddlies” (Non-Profit Organization providing ‘fluffy friends’ to children in courtroom situations)
- Host – “Going Green TV”
- Host – “Quiet Achievers and Unsung Heroes” radio talk show
- Executive Director, Senior Industry Network Group
- Relationship Manager – Conference Online Las Vegas
- Associate Director – Corps of Compassion/Caring 4 Kids Foundation (501c3 Non-Profit Organization)
- Consulting Lecturer and Facilitator for Mt Eliza Centre for Executive Education (listed by Forbes Magazine as one of the world’s top business schools)
- Member of AFI (American Film Institute)
- Ambassador for the Social Register of Las Vegas
- Member of Mensa
- Founder of the Australian Mentoring Institute Inc (Non-Profit Organization)
- Board Member and Community Outreach Chair, NAWBO (National Association of Women Business Owners)
- Member of the Panel of Professional Advisers for the Victorian Government
- Founding Member of the Women In Tourism International Alliance (WITIA)
- Australian Ambassador to the International Virtual Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Mensa National Special Interest Coordinator
- Speaker Chair, Las Vegas Shared Vision Network
- Finalist in the Australian Women in Business Awards
- Finalist in the Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards
- Expert Columnist, “Dynamic Small Business Magazine”, Australia’s leading small business magazine
- Daily Columnist – “The Morning Bulletin – Life With Leigh” (full page every weekday covering ‘positive’ news stories in major metropolitan newspaper)
- Drive-Time Co-Host, major commercial radio station
- Sponsor and Mentor for Australian Business Week (business simulation program for high school students)
- Mentor for the Commonwealth New Enterprise Incentive Scheme Advisory Committee – NEISAC – (government-sponsored small business start-up project)
- Judge – Australian Film Institute Awards
- Judge – SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise) National Awards
- Judge – APICTA (Asia Pacific Information Communications and Telecommunications Awards)